Many homeowners looking for roof replacement or repair wonder, "How long does a metal roof last?" Low Cost Roofing, LLC has trusted specialists in metal roofing in Falls Church, VA, and can help repair, replace, or install your next metal roof. These highly durable roofs are known to be long-lasting and preferred over other types, but how long will yours last? Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of metal roofs.
How Long Does a Metal Roof Last?
Your metal roof can last between 20 and 50 years, depending on multiple factors. The lifespan can differ depending on if your roof is a screw-down panel or standing seam, but both types are known for their low maintenance requirement and high-quality materials.
- Screw-Down Panel Metal Roof - These are roofs with screw-down panels, as the name suggests. They are not optimal above heated rooms because they cannot freely expand or contract. Screw-down panel roofs last 20-30 years with minimal care.
- Standing Seam Metal Roof - The pieces connect by locked seams that contract and expand based on temperature. A paint finish is weather protection and often comes with a 30-year warranty. Seam metal roofs should last 30-50 years with professional installation and a well-ventilated attic.
Like with any other roof, there are pros and cons of metal ones, but many prefer their durability.
What Can Impact Your Metal Roof's Lifespan?
How long does a metal roof last? Many factors can affect the life expectancy of a metal roof, including:
- Paint Protection - Your roof's paint isn't just for appearances; it also helps prevent scratches on the metal. Your roof needs proper protection during finishing to ensure a long life.
- Extreme Weather - Local weather conditions and storm frequency can wear down your metal roof faster.
- Maintenance - Regular inspections for your roof help you spot potential problems before they worsen, increasing your roof's lifespan. If you take care of your roof, you will get the most use out of it.
Why Are Metal Roofs Long-Lasting?
It is no secret that metal roofs have become increasingly popular, potentially due to their numerous advantages, such as:
- High-Quality & Strong Materials - Metal roofs are the most advanced they have ever been, and multiple durable components make up metal roof panels. Contractors safely secure them with clips, fasteners, or washers to ensure a long-term fit.
- Well-Built for a Lifetime - These roofs withstand wear and tear, pests, and harsh weather. Their build ensures good performance for many years.
- Animal & Insect Resistant - Metals leave no room for unwanted critters to reside and prevent damage.
Contact Low Cost Roofing, LLC. for Professional Roofing Services
Reach out to the Low Cost Roofing, LLC team for high-quality, affordable roofing services in Falls Church, VA. Now that they've answered, "How long does a metal roof last?" contact their business for exceptional, top-rated roofing services. They can install, replace, or repair your metal roof or inspect your current roof to see if you want to switch.